CANKIRI KARATEKIN UNIVERSITY Bologna Information System

• Course Information
  • Course Title Code Semester Laboratory+Practice (Hour) Pool Type ECTS
    Ottoman Archive Documents I TAR409 FALL 2+0 Faculty E 5
    Learning Outcomes
    1-Gains information about Ottoman archives and official and private institutional archives that contain documents from the Ottoman period.
    2-Aklam-ı Sitte (six types of script) and other script types used in the Ottoman period such as Divani, Rika, Talik, Siyakat etc. recognizes the texts and has information about the shape features.
    3-Learns about the documents written by the sultans and the documents written on their behalf and their types.
    4-Students read Ferman, Berat, Hatt-ı Hümayun and its examples.
    5-Students evaluate the documents they have read.
  • ECTS / WORKLOAD
  • ActivityPercentage

(100)

NumberTime (Hours)Total Workload (hours)
    Course Duration (Weeks x Course Hours)14228
    Classroom study (Pre-study, practice)13226
    Assignments0000
    Short-Term Exams (exam + preparation) 0000
    Midterm exams (exam + preparation)4013030
    Project0000
    Laboratory 0000
    Final exam (exam + preparation) 6016060
    Total Workload (hours)   144
    Total Workload (hours) / 30 (s)     4,8 ---- (5)
    ECTS Credit   5
  • Course Content
  • Week Topics Study Metarials
    1 introduction to course and give information about methods of course R1- Pages: 1-14.
    2 The Ottoman archiveses and the other archiveses which have Ottoman documents R1- Pages: 19, 25, 23.
    3 giving information about writing equipment, paper, pencil, ink and other writing equipment R1- Pages: 27, 37, 39.
    4 Aklâm-ı site (6 kind writing) and other writing such as divanî, divanî kırması, rika, talik, siyakat, act. R1- Pages: 45, 47, 49, 59.
    5 documents they were written by sultans or they were written on behalf of them. R1- Pages: 113, 149.
    6 fermans and examples of fermans. R1- Pages: 204, 205.
    7 berats and examples of berats. R1- Pages: 203.
    8 Hatt-ı Hümayuns and examples of hatt-ı hümayuns. R1- Pages: 259, 269.
    9 Hatt-ı Hümayuns and examples of hatt-ı hümayuns. R1- Pages: 105.
    10 İrade-i Seniyye and example of irade-i seniyye. R1- Pages: 121, 291.
    11 The example of Name-i Hümayun. R1- Pages: 213.
    12 The example of Ahidnâme-i Hümayun and Muahede. R1- Pages: 183.
    13 The example of Sebeb-i Tahrir Hükmü. R1- Pages: 175.
    14 The example of Sebeb-i Tahrir Hükmü. R1- Pages: 211, 213.
    Prerequisites -
    Language of Instruction Turkish
    Responsible Ass. Prof. Saim YORUK
    Instructors -
    Assistants -
    Resources R1 - Sakin, O., (2017). Osmanlı Arşiv Belgeleri Okuma Kılavuzu. Yeditepe Yayınevi, İstanbul.
    Supplementary Book SR1- Kütükoğlu, M.S., (2018). Osmanlı Belgelerinin Dili. TTK Yayınları, Ankara.
    Goals To read and understand historical Ottoman document. As a result students can use knowledge in academic researchs.
    Content Giving information about writing equipment, paper, pencil, ink and other writing equipment fermans and examples of fermans The Ottoman archiveses and the other archiveses which have Ottoman documents
    Çankırı Karatekin Üniversitesi  Bilgi İşlem Daire Başkanlığı  @   2017 - Webmaster