CANKIRI KARATEKIN UNIVERSITY Bologna Information System

• Course Information
  • Course Title Code Semester Laboratory+Practice (Hour) Pool Type ECTS
    Boron Technology KMÜ319 FALL-SPRING 3+0 E 3
    Learning Outcomes
    1- Defines the properties of boron ores and the usage areas of their compounds,
    2-Recognizes the areas where boron compounds are used in daily life and industry,
    3-Performs the application of basic physical and chemical processes.
  • ECTS / WORKLOAD
  • ActivityPercentage

(100)

NumberTime (Hours)Total Workload (hours)
    Course Duration (Weeks x Course Hours)14342
    Classroom study (Pre-study, practice)14342
    Assignments0000
    Short-Term Exams (exam + preparation) 0000
    Midterm exams (exam + preparation)40166
    Project0155
    Laboratory 0000
    Final exam (exam + preparation) 60155
    Total Workload (hours)   100
    Total Workload (hours) / 30 (s)     3,33 ---- (3)
    ECTS Credit   3
  • Course Content
  • Week Topics Study Metarials
    1 Introduction R1(Chapter 1), R2(Chapter 1)
    2 The Boron Element and The Boron Ores R1(Chapter 1), R2(Chapter 12)
    3 The Boron Element and The Compounds-I R1(Chapter 1), R2(Chapter 12)
    4 The Boron Element and The Compounds-II R1(Chapter 1), R2(Chapter 12)
    5 Boron-Oxygen Compounds R1(Chapter 4), R3(Chapter 2 and 3)
    6 Production of Boron-Oxygen Compounds-I R1(Chapter 4), R2(Bölüm 12)
    7 Production of Boron-Oxygen Compounds-II R1(Chapter 4), R2(Bölüm 12)
    8 The Other Inorganic Compounds of Boron-I R1(Chapter 4), R2(Chapter, 12)
    9 The Other Inorganic Compounds of Boron-II R1(Chapter 4), R2(Chapter, 12)
    10 Organic Boron Compounds-I R1(Chapter 5)
    11 Organic Boron Compounds-II R1(Chapter 5)
    12 Application Fields of Boron Compounds-I R1(Chapter 4 and 5), R2(Chapter 12)
    13 Application Fields of Boron Compounds-II R1(Chapter 4 and 5), R2(Chapter 12)
    14 Application Fields of Boron Compounds-III R1(Chapter 4 and 5), R2(Chapter 12)
    Prerequisites -
    Language of Instruction Turkish
    Responsible Prof. Dr. Ahmet YARTAŞI
    Instructors -
    Assistants -
    Resources R1-Yünlü, K. (2016), BOR(Bileşikleri, Sentez Yöntemleri, Özellikleri, Uygulamaları), Boren, Ankara. R2- Biçer, A., Yalçın, H. (2007), İnorganik Kimyasal Teknoloji, İlke Yayınevi, Samsun. R3-Kemp, P. H. (1956), The Chemistry of Borates, Part I, Borax Consolidated Ltd., W. S. Cowell Ltd. Butter Market, London.
    Supplementary Book SR1-Sanıgök, Ü. (1987), Anorganik Endüstriyel Kimya, Güryay Mat. Tic. Ldt. Şti, İstanbul.
    Goals To give general information about boron ores, boron compounds and their usage, boron technology
    Content Introduction, The Boron Element and The Boron Ores, The Boron Element and The Compounds, Boron-Oxygen Compounds, Production of Boron-Oxygen Compounds, The Other Inorganic Compounds of Boron, Organic Boron Compounds, Application Fields of Boron Compounds.
  • Program Learning Outcomes
  • Program Learning Outcomes Level of Contribution
    1 Using the knowledge acquired in the fields of Mathematics, Science and Engineering for solving and modeling chemical engineering problems 2
    2 Identifing, modeling and solving engineering problems by selecting and applying appropriate analysis methods -
    3 To be able to design and conduct experiments within the scope of engineering research and to analyze and interpret the obtained data -
    4 To be able to design a system, system part or process for a specific purpose within the current economic and technical possibilities 5
    5 To be able to use modern engineering techniques and information technologies effectively -
    6 Having the awareness of professional and ethical responsibility -
    7 Ability to work individually or in interdisciplined and multidisciplined team work -
    8 Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing -
    9 Gaining awareness of lifelong learning and in this context, the ability to constantly renew oneself by following the developments in science and technology -
    10 Gaining awareness of business life, health, safety and environment -
    11 To have knowledge about entrepreneurship, innovation and contemporary issues -
    Çankırı Karatekin Üniversitesi  Bilgi İşlem Daire Başkanlığı  @   2017 - Webmaster