CANKIRI KARATEKIN UNIVERSITY Bologna Information System

• Course Information
  • Course Title Code Semester Laboratory+Practice (Hour) Pool Type ECTS
    History of Turkish Democracy II TAR564 FALL-SPRING 3+0 Fac./ Uni. E 7
    Learning Outcomes
    1-Evaluates the historical development process of Turkish democracy.
    2-Analyzes the achievements in the history of Turkish democracy.
    3-Compares various democracy practices in Turkey.
    4-Discusses the historical and current problems of Turkish democracy.
    Prerequisites -
    Language of Instruction Turkish
    Responsible Prof. Dr. İsmet Üzen
    Instructors

1-)Profesör Dr İsmet Üzen

Assistants -
    Resources R1: Çavdar, T. (1995). Türkiyenin Demokrasi Tarihi 1839-1950, İmge Yayınları, İstanbul. R2: Tunaya, T. (1998). Türkiyede Siyasal Partiler, İletişim Yayınları, İstanbul. R3: Berkes, N. (1978). Türkiye?de Çağdaşlaşma, YKY, İstanbul. R4: Güneş, İ. (1997). Türk Parlamento Tarihi, TBMM Yayınları, Eskişehir.
    Supplementary Book -
    Goals Examining the phases of Turkish Democracy History.
    Content The concept of democracy and non-democratic systems. Social, economic and cultural foundations of democratization, transformations forming the legal framework in line with the sharing of sovereignty; Shari`i Hüccet Sened-i İttifak and Tanzimat Edict. Establishment of assemblies and the participation of the people in the administration. The struggles of Ottoman intellectuals for democratic rights and freedom, the transition to the Constitutional Monarchy. Preparation of the first Constitution, the Kanun-i Esasi, and the administration of the Constitutional Monarchy. The suspension of the Ottoman Parliament, the organized struggle of the Ottoman intellectuals, and the establishment of societies. II. The proclamation of the Constitutional Monarchy and the formation of political parties. Transition to the Republican administration and the Single Party administration. Struggles for Transition to Multi-Party System and Political Parties.
    Çankırı Karatekin Üniversitesi  Bilgi İşlem Daire Başkanlığı  @   2017 - Webmaster